Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lizard

I am not a fan of reptiles, but as long as they are small they usually don't bother me much....until today. This morning Micah and I went climbing outside. At the start of my second climb I noticed two lizards on the wall right in my path. I flicked the rope at them to try to get them to move and I accidentally hit one of the lizards with the rope. I was SHOCKED that the lizard's tail came off and jumped around on the ground for awhile! Meanwhile, the lizards, one of them with only a tail stump left, did not move out of the way and I was too freaked out to climb (do lizards bite!?)! It turns out that lizards actually release their tails as a defense mechanism, but I felt so bad that I had knocked his tail off. Guess I have a lot to learn about desert creatures!

Here is a video I found on You Tube - pretty creapy...

1 comment: