Monday, November 29, 2010

The End of an Era

In an earlier blog post I may have made it sound like Micah already finished his PhD work, but in reality THIS IS THE FINAL PUSH!  Although he did the presentation portion two months ago, he has been editing his thesis since we moved to ABQ and we are both soooooo excited for him to finish!  The thesis is due Wednesday whether he is 100% satisfied with it or not.

Over the last few years he has often worked on his PhD doing research or writing until 1:00 or 2:00 a.m.  Although that may not seem late, one must take into consideration that he usually wakes between 5:30 and 6:30 a.m. to go into work (be it his office at CU or Sandia).  Many nights Micah went to bed with me around 10:30 p.m., but in the morning I discovered that he could not sleep and that he had gotten up and worked for a fews hours until he got tired.  Through the years I have hardly ever heard Micah complain about the amount of work and the hours the PhD required.


Here is Micah in front of his computers in the office in our house in ABQ.  Yes, those really are all of his computers - I have my own computer on my desk :).  Oh, and our cat is sleeping next to him in her bed like she usually does!

Although I know that Micah will always work hard as he is passionate about his work and he is a very hard worker, I am very excited for him to be finished with the craziness of the PhD!

Micah - I am so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment